If your grandma suggests using licorice to prevent cavities, do not necessarily tune out her advice. Older generations of people certainly have wise ideas and advice and some of it hasn’t changed. Vitamin D is another old remedy that someone may recommend for cavity prevention. Yes, that is one of the biggest reasons for drinking our milk is so important!
However, none of those old home remedies will cure a cavity once it occurs. If you notice a cavity, schedule an appointment with the dentist at once. He has a variety of options available to treat the cavity. It is better to visit the dentist regularly before cavities occur and to take good care of your oral health. Preventing problems is much easier than treating them.
Even still, there are many treatments available to a person that has experienced a cavity despite their best efforts. The earlier you visit the dentist for treatment, the better the solutions available.
Treatments for a cavity include:
· Fluoride Treatments; Dentists usually try fluoride treatments as a cavity treatment if it is a minor problem. That is why visiting the dentist twice per year, as recommended by the American Dental Association, is so important.
· Fillings: Another one of the most common treatments for a cavity is a filling. People need cavity filling los angeles when the cavity extends beyond the enamel.
· Crowns: A filling using a customized crown or cap to cover a tooth that has been filled. It helps prevent future decay.
· Root Canal: A root canal is another cavity treatment, used by dentists when other treatments fail and when the cavity reaches the inner pulp of the tooth.
· Extractions: Tooth extractions also commonly occur with cavities when a person doesn’t visit the dentist on a regular basis.